Monday, March 11, 2013

New Area! 03/04/13

Well the time has come. Yesterday I received the call that I am being transferred to a new area. It’s definitely bitter sweet. I have gotten to know a lot of great people and it’s hard to leave. My new area is called Comalcalco, Tabasco. It’s not too far away from where I am right now, about two hours. (I heard they have a chocolate factory there! There are also lots of ruins!) Today we have been visiting many of the members and investigators and saying goodbyes because tomorrow I’ll be off to a new area. My companion who I’m with right now with be training a new missionary, which will be a great experience. He was a little shocked since he himself just recently arrived, but he came pre-prepared and will do just fine.


This week I have just felt so loved. Just the little things make all the difference. The people just say a little thing or do something small and I just feel so happy. One fairly recent convert shared her testimony in sacrament meeting which she had never done before and she said that recently she has been gaining a firmer testimony as she has reached out to an old friend to share the gospel. One brother, even though he has had some fairly difficult trials has demonstrated his love for the gospel as he joined as for an entire day to visit investigators.


It’s not easy to go, and the members get upset because missionaries keep coming, they get used to them, and then they have to leave. But I have loved being hear and am excited for what lie ahead. I love you all and hope you are all enjoying the daily sparks of joy that are found in doing what is right. God lives and we are his children. What peace and what joy it is to know that we are all watched over.


Love,
Elder Peine

Sister Brunilda!

Brother Manuel and Sister Angels

Go Pemex City!

No comments:

Post a Comment