Friday, March 15, 2013

The gospel is great 03/11/2013

Hey family!

How are you all doing? I hope things are going well. I am enjoying getting to know my new area here in Comalcalcos. I have only been here a week and the mission offices just called us last night letting us know that my companion is being transferred and that a new missionary will be arriving tomorrow who will take his place. So it should be exciting, the 2 of us learning the area together!


We had a stake conference where we heard by satellite David A Bednar and Richard G Scott (who spoke in Spanish!). It was a wonderful conference and I felt so happy as I was able to listen to messages that I knew were going to bless the lives of these wonderful people. The other day we talked to some fairly recent converts, they have about 2 years in the church. The father said becoming a member was a complete 360 turn around and it sure hasn’t been easy. After his baptism he had job problem, got sick, had an accident and other things but that it has all been worth it. We look at his family now and they are definitely a happy bunch, despite the obstacles.


It just makes me happy to know that there is a source of answers and that there is a right way to go. Sometimes I look around and see that there really are so many easy paths to choose from and I’m not exactly surprised why so many have been detoured from good solid principles, it’s that the world is blatantly staring them in the face and inviting them to join. How joyful it is to know that there is a Prophet on the earth, apostles, and people who help us along the way.

 I’m in a new area, new companion, and new everything, but there is a happy familiarity I feel as I meet the caring members of the church and work with my companion to share the gospel with others. I’m not very good at explaining it but I can say with a surety that I’m sure grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it’s the nucleus that I think holds me together. I love all of you, I think your just the greatest family. There really isn’t another family like the Peines. As goofy and as fun as you are, I think your just the right family for me. Thanks for your love and prayers!

Love,

Elder Peine

No comments:

Post a Comment