Monday, July 1, 2013

Bitter Sweet July 1, 2013- THE FINAL LETTER

Hello Family!


What a wild week! On Thursday my companion got a call that he was going to be transferred to a new area the following morning. So I have a new companion! His name is Elder Hunsaker for Arizona! The mission president told me I have 1 week to teach him the area. So we have been really busy! We have been going to all the members’ houses and getting to know where everyone lives and who is progressing more and everything before I leave on Monday.  Our mission President also finished his mission and a new one arrived Saturday. I find it interesting that the first interview I am going to be having with this mission president will also be my final here in the mission.


The week has gone by well though. Several of the inactive members whom we taught came to church on Sunday for the first time in a while which was exciting. We are currently teaching 3 families of which all are members but not of the fathers are. All 3 of the fathers seem to know that the church is true but just lack the commitment to get baptized and become an active member. The members here are incredibly generous and we have be receiving lots of free mangos, bananas, melons, tuna, cereal, milk, etc.


Well this is my final letter apparently as a missionary. Thank you all for reading my letters week by week, even though I am sure they may have sounded a bit repetitive. Thank you for all of your love and your support. As a missionary sometimes just the simplest hello can mean so much. Thank you for your love, prayers and support. You are a fantastic family and I am so grateful to be a Peine! I am grateful for the gospel that means so much to me. It has a value without comprehension and I have been incredibly lucky to have been placed in a family where the gospel has been embraced. I have grown to love the Book of Mormon and have felt my testimony of God and his Son Jesus Christ grow. I have felt part of the love that God has for his children and have been astonished at incredible members, missionaries, and investigators what obey, sacrifice, and serve in order to live the gospel. I look forward to all seeing you all soon personally.


Will much love,


Elder Peine

Elder Sosa and I

 
Elder Hunsaker and I

No comments:

Post a Comment