Monday, February 13, 2012

Letter from 02/13/2012

I'm sitting here typing away with my new companion Elder Callejas who is from Mexico City! Wow is he a wonderful companion, I just love how every Elder has his own unique personality and how it collaborates with the work. Hes a bit shorter than me and very happy, quite jolly actually.

We had stake conference that last two days and an investigator joined us. He's the teenager who I think I talked about last time, who's been stressed out from so much work and school. The messages we heard were a lot about the family, responsibility, and future missionaries. When a speaker asked for everyone of ages 15 and up who are preparing to serve a misión, he looked at my companion and i and then stood up with the other 15 or so youth who are lookin to serve a misión. After the conference another youth from our Ward came up to us and happened to have his misión packet with him, we pulled out the letter and went over it with him, as if he was receiving the call. He was quite enthused and excited about everything. We are looking to see if he can be baptized this Sunday and if not the following!

We are also teaching and nurse (who happens to be sick at he momento). But she is rather funny and likes to laugh a lot. But sincerely said she would pray to receive an answer if Joseph Smith was called of God to be prophet. All is well that goes well!

My companion apparently likes to run, so were up at 5:30 everyday, bright and early running laps around the park! I actually quite enjoy it but certainly feel it the next day. I need to keep all these tortillas off.

Oh and we watched 17 Miracles with and inactive family this week and it was really touching, we finished with a prayer and felt the spirit strongly. I love love love being here in Pomoca, Tierra Colorada, Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico. Nowhere Id rather be. Okay Hawaii would be pretty nice, but for right now Ill just have to wait on that until after the misión.

Love you all gotta run! And sorry if some words were changes, I think its auto correcting in Spanish or something.

-Elder Peine

And 60 planets keeps and going! And happy Valentines day to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment