Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Letter from 02/20/2012

Hey Hey Hey!

This week has been a good week. We've had several wonderful experiences and are doing our best to help our investigators progress.

The other day we were out contacting, talking to the people of Pomoca and in mid conversation with one man, another women came up and waited to talk with us. We finished talking with first contact and she related how she had a son who just didn’t want to do anything: school, work, help with the family, nothing! She said shes done just about everything possible to animate him, to get him excited about doing something with his life, but hes basically just depressed. He does have a job though, selling tortillas by motorbike all day long. But she never knows where he is, who hes with, or what hes doing. So she told us to come by Sunday morning to take him to church. I found this rather interesting, especially considering she had never talked to us before or heard of the Church but I presume she figured what did she have to lose. So we passed by for this 15 year old boy, practically woke up and he came. He came to church, willfully and enjoyed it! He went to class with the other boys his age and plans to attend the youth activities this week (in which they are selling tamales (sorry I don’t know how to spell anymore) and hes in charge of the salsa. After church he was actually smiling! I love it, absolutely love it! He was still a little hesitant to talk much but I could tell he was a bit excited about everything!

Our other investigator sadly didn’t come this week…but were working on that!

Sorry I don’t have time to write much more, but Id like to hear from the east high boys! You can send them what ever you see fit! I love you all and will write more next week, this week I figured Id finally get you some pictures.

A few scriptures I love from this week Mosiah 5:15 Mosiah 2:21-22. Mosiah just seems to have it all doesn’t it.

Wish the family the best for me and I hope my tree house living parents are having the time of their lives.

Con mucho amor,

Elder Peine

No comments:

Post a Comment