Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Good ol Mexico!- May 14, 2012

Hey everyone!

It was absolutely wonderful to hear from you for mothers day! What a thrill it was to hear your voices!
First of all my new companion is Elder Mattarp from Guadalajara who has a remarkable conversion story.  Long story short his left his house at 13, lived in the streets for 4 years washing windows and working at burger king, some members took him and basically adopted him, was baptized, and is now serving as a missionary. Wild right! Hes a great missionary and I'm excited to get to know him more and about his experiences. But life is going well, the work is progressing. Unfortunately he cant walk very well because he had an accident in his last area but we are making the best of it.

We are working with a man named Vincent who works with one of the members here. For a start, he is learning how to pray. I mean what a privilege it is to know that we can communicate with our father in heaven at any moment! What a blessing it is to see a change in people’s hearts as they draw closer unto the lord through prayer and study. 

This past week we visited an inactive sister of one of our bishops the other week who was sick and asked for a blessing. Her husband also asked for a blessing that he could find work to provide for his family. We offered the blessings and continued on our way.  For the first time in all my time here, she was at church on Sunday, happy. She came up to me just thrilled as ever which really just made my day. But her husband wasn’t there, so I asked where he was and she replied with excitement that he had been called out for work! Oh what joy I felt in this moment. How happy am I to know that the Lord supports those in need! I know that we are never given more than we can handle.  As president Monson says, who the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies!

I thank all of you for your support and love, take care this week and enjoy each day! (And those in Hawaii, I know its really difficult but please try your best.)

Much love, as always

Elder Peine

Our district


Now thats a boat for ya

Some cute kids at a ward activity

Our giant zone (which was just barely split into 2)

 Elder Larson heading off for his new area

Bishop in a hammock

No comments:

Post a Comment