Monday, December 10, 2012

12/10/2012

This week was a wonderful week as we had the opportunity to work with several of the members. At one point we were with three of the members visiting their friends and neighbors. Between these three members I think they know every person who lives in the area. We talked with just about everyone we saw in the street and we had someone to visit on every street. I loved it. I felt happy to be there. It’s just so great to see the members animated and looking to share the gospel with others. It’s just a little branch, but some hearts of the members are huge and sometimes they don’t have very much but they give more than I could imagine with their time, testimonies, and love for others. I have seen that it truly is better to give than to receive.

Sometimes I have a lot of things on the front of my mind like, lesson at such and such a time, remember to call so and so, send copy of the rent to the mission office ect. And sometimes it’s a lot to think about and do. But as I grasp hold of the thought of the life of the Savior my stress seams to slip away and I feel happy. I think behind all of the things to do and places to be, my testimony of the Savior is what helps me have peace and a calmness. He lifts me when I am tired and He gives me drive and purpose when my heart isn't fully connected the work. It is easy to just do, but to do with purpose, full intent, with full love for the work and for the people, takes something more and I believe that something more is a testimony of Jesus Christ. When I know he is behind everything that the missionary work stands for and is it helps me understand the urgency, love, and focus, needed to stay the course and work with joy.

Thank you for your support, love, and prayers. May you all enjoy this special season.

Love,

Elder Peine

Miguel, Manuel, and Elder Morales

View from the Tortuguero hill (district activity)

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment