Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Joy to the World! 12/17/2012

Things are going really well. I enjoy the mission. I love being with a new missionary as well, it make me feel young haha. This week we had a Christmas Devotional with about half of the mission and each zone presented a slide show and a musical number. President Castaneda and his family shared a few musical numbers as well which well all enjoyed. The President selected several missionaries to bear their testimonies about the Atonement of Christ and what they are doing to strengthen their area. I had the opportunity to be one of those who he selected to bear their testimony. I cant help but just feel overwhelmingly grateful for all that I have learning here in my mission and more than anything how I have felt my testimony grow. I love this time of year and am so happy that we can commemorate the birth of our Savior.

This week we had 10 investigators in Sacrament Meeting, which for a branch of 40 active members was great! We were of course thrilled. A large part of it had to do with the primary presentation which was performed and everyone wanted to be there for the occasion.

We are very busy and I wish we had extra hours in each day. I know just one thing at a time and we will manage. But we are happy and working as best we can. This week we read about Ammon and how when he was working in the fields and all the flocks were dispersed, he reacted not with frustration, angst, or stress, but with joy. He seized the opportunity to make a missionary moment and helps others know of the greatness and goodness of God. I know that the Lord can bring me peace as I strive to do His will. I love the scripture in John 14:27 about the peace and comfort. I hope each of you have a wonderful joyous week enjoying the Spirit of Christmas.

Love you all,

Elder Peine

Elder Rojas and I (a former companion)

Elder Jepson and I (my companion for the MTC)

Mission President Castaneda and his family singing for the missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment