Thursday, January 17, 2013

Merry Christmas to all! 12/24/12

What a wonderful Christmas eve. To all those who have snow and pine trees I’m a bit jealous, but I can’t complain with 80 degrees and palm trees. This morning our district played a game of soccer in the heat and cooled off with some cold mandarin oranges. Life is good.

This week we held the branch Christmas activity with skits, songs, pinatas, and tacos. Each organization was to participate and for our part (as missionaries) we made a slide show of the members. As we watched the presentation my companion and I sang carols (since the music we put to the slide show didn’t end up working, but that’s okay). We enjoyed the night were happy to see that several investigators could attend and enjoy themselves. I was thinking about the daily lives of many of these people and what they go through to maintain strong in the gospel and in their families and I just felt grateful that the Church opens up opportunities for people to enjoy each others company and puts effort to into letting us celebrate together. I know the Church does amazing things for its members and have seen the blessing that come from the Gospel as members work together. 

I had a wonderful  birthday on Sunday. And although I wasn’t able to have a famous Aunt Ruth chocolate cake like usual a member cooked some wonderful chicken instead (not quite the same but it was still delicious). I also was asked to speech in church, teach a Sunday school lesson to the youth and then we spent an entire afternoon with a member visiting her friends who aren’t members and singing hymns. Our mission president called me on the phone at night and sang happy birthday to me with his family (in English), it was great.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas eve and that you have a wonderful Christmas day. Thank you for all of the love and support. I apologize I didn’t send anything in advance but Ill do my best to make up for it next year. I keep you in my prayers always and hope you all enjoy this wonderful time of year as we commemorate the birth of our Savior. His gift is surely the greatest of all. May we all remember him and focus our efforts on doing his will and loving others , as he would have us do.

Merry Christmas to all!

Much love from Mexico,

Elder Peine


Christmas Activity

Morning soccer

Feliz Navidad!!


Merry Christmas!!



No comments:

Post a Comment