Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Apostle week! 01/28/2013

We had a memorable family night this week with a less active family. They live basically on a ranch and all the members seemed to sort of flock in from everywhere to be present for the lesson. The boys of the family prepared refreshments and I think the family got excited about everyone being together and just enjoying a good night together.


I got to see brother Rodolfo a recent convert, whom I haven't seen for a while because he had to move to be with his family for a while. It was great to catch up with him and to know that all is going well.
On Saturday as missionaries we had a meeting with the Apostle Russell M. Nelson and we each got to shake his hand and enjoy his remarks. It was a wonderful meeting. It surprised me as well that Elder Clayton of the presidency of the 70, who was accompanying Elder Nelson could speak Spanish!


Then on Sunday several stakes met together to hear the Apostle. It was a wonderful event full of emotion and the spirit. It just made me so happy. The apostle might look a little old, but his spirit is as young as ever and he demonstrated in the most wonderful way the love he felt for the Mexican people. I felt highly blessed and highly grateful to God for the wonderful servants and blessings he sends to all people in all nations. Elder Nelson who had an interpreter the entire meeting, finished by bearing his testimony in Spanish and I felt SO grateful that he could connect with the people and that he prepared so that they could hear his testimony in their own language. I will never forget it. I love the Lord so much. I know this is His true church. I cant believe how blessed we are to have his restored gospel here on the earth.


I love you all,

Elder Peine

Family Night!

The branch on Sunday when we went to see the Apostle Russell M. Nelson!

Rodolofo! (a recent convert)


Thank you for the goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment