Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 4, 2012

Wow what a week!! I hope all is going well for everyone and that your all enjoying yourselves. This morning as my companion was getting a hair cut I sat in the doorway and looked out to the ocean and enjoyed the sea breeze as the palm trees swayed. Sometimes it feels like I am in a dream and I'm just going to wake up in Salt Lake and head off to work at Spoon Me and to cut lawns. As great as those times were, this work is much more rewarding than I could have imagined. Even though its not easy, we haven't exactly been baptizing someone every week, we have doing our best and that is all the Lord asked of us. My companion Elder Rojas is a wonderful Elder and helps the area by his great example. There is one investigator who comes to church every week and hes learning but little by little. So we have been exploring new areas looking for new people to find and its amazing to find out how many people know about the Church or know a member.

Last night we taught a family. The fathers name is Santana. We taught them about the Plan of Salvation or the Plan of Happiness and the pathway Christ has lead for us to follow. Santana listened and commented rather profoundly about the topics we discussed and I could really see he had a desire to do what is best for his family. At the end of the lesson we asked him if he would offer a prayer for his family. We kneeled down together and he prayed and thanked our Heavenly Father for his blessing and prayed for the well being of his children, his wife, and his sick grandmother. It was honest and sincere and I was grateful to be there. I know that prayer is powerful and that our Heavenly Father listens to our prayers. Sometime we don't think he answers but that's because we have stopped listening. Sometimes the answers are very discreet and don't come in big blatant letters in the sky. But they come through our obedience to his commandments and by doing the simple things that we should be doing. If we are reading the scriptures daily, praying, and attending church, He will answer us because He loves us and we are his children. I have a strong testimony of the power of prayer and know that I am never alone. I feel so happy.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

Mom- I love the painting!
Dad- I hope you loved fishing!
Em- hope the kids are well thanks for the awesome pics!
Jord- your baby girl is priceless
Joe- good luck in the job hunt, thanks for the sweet pics of London and art!
Lina- hope your loving the island life! Soak it up
Kim- your amazing and your baby will be to
Ally- keep calm and carry on (I think that's what your poster said in your house)


Ice cream makes me happy

Dessert

My companion and I at a Chinese Buffet

My favorite taxi

My future house

Me

Love,

Elder Peine

No comments:

Post a Comment