Monday, October 22, 2012

October 15, 2012- Be Strong and of Good Courage

Thanks for sending me letters! I love hearing about Hawaii and how you are all doing! Keep up the good work!

There were changes yesterday but it turns out the my companion and I are both staying, which I'm fine with.


This week we went to a members house to teach her sister and when we asked her sister why she wanted to learn more about the Gospel she said because I want to be like my sister who is calm and happy. I am grateful for the good influence of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the power to change and the power of forgiveness.

 I am so grateful to me a missionary and do be able to see the Gospel taking part in the lives of so many people. The members are strong and have to support a lot considering not many of their neighbors or family members are members. My heart has been touched as I have heard the testimonies of these loving people. They are pioneers in there families, the first to accept the Restored Gospel. I have been thinking about the early pioneers and how they had to be so firm and so sure of what it was they were doing, to be able to leave everything behind and head out to an unknown territory to start a new life. What courage! What strength!

 I pray for you all and love you very much. I hope we can have the strength, hope, faith such as that of our ancestors had. Thank you for the support, have a fantastic week!

Love.

Elder Peine

Villahermosa

District

David (future missionary)

No comments:

Post a Comment