Thursday, November 29, 2012

Peace- October 30, 2012

This past Saturday my companion Elder Flores and I went with one of the members from the branch to visit one of her neighbors who had an ill husband. We began talking with the wife who and she let us know how her husband had gotten into such a state. Six months ago he began drinking heavily and could seem to stop. His body finally couldn’t take it anymore and he was confined to bed rest. For the past 15 days his family has been feeding, bathing, and changing him. She asked if we, the missionaries she had never met before could offer a prayer for her husband. We said that if she would like we could give him a priesthood blessing. Accepting, we proceeded to his room where we found him laying in his bed. He looked frail and certainly was ill. He waved his right arm in the air as recognition that he knew we were there but the rest of his body was completely still. My companion anointed him with olive oil and then I offered the blessing. I remember blessing him with peace, calmness, eased burdens, and that his family would be okay in this difficult time. His wife and two children were with and thanked us for our visit. After having left the house, the member told us that she felt like either he would make a recovery or that he would pass away more quickly. We continued on with our day and as we arrived to our house at night the member called to inform us that the person to whom we had given a blessing to had passed away just a few hours after our visit. I felt calm. I felt as if the Lord knew what was right and what was going to happen. I know that this life is not the end, but only a part of our eternal progression.

I am doing well, I am thankful for the Gospel and for the wonderful people I have met here in Mexico. I love you all dearly. Have a wonderful week and a Happy Halloween!

Love,

Elder Peine

Miguel! (A future member)

Love the nature!

Maria, Isabel, David!

No comments:

Post a Comment