Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Missionary Conference​! July 16, 2012

Hello Hello!

This morning we had a conference with Benjamin De Hoyos, a member of the 70. We were taught how to incorporate Faith in Jesus Christ and the Atonement into the teaching of the investigators. I learned a lot about the Atonement in this conference and it helped me understand the why and how the Plan of Salvation works. The 70 mentioned that to be able to teach about the Atonement we have to recognize how great of a blessing it is in our own lives. He said when we have had difficulties perhaps the word Atonement didn’t come to our mind but it is by the power of the Atonement that we can be forgiven of our sins. He told us to inspect our own lives and recognize how the Atonement had taken affect in our own lives and how we can share this positive experience with our investigators (not the sins that we’ve committed, but the process of repentance, thanks to the Atonement, that leads to forgiveness).

Sunday after church a daughter of the Sunday school teacher came up to us and asked us if we could give a blessing to her mom who had an arm injury and had been sick off and on for a long time. We entered one of the classrooms to give her a priesthood blessing. When the blessing was over she had tears in her eyes and tried to hug me, being a missionary I couldn’t give her a hug but I held her hand and just told her how much I knew our Heavenly Father loves her. I am happy to know that our Heavenly Father always offers comfort to those who seek it. It was a special day.

I'm sorry but I ran out of time, I love you all so terrible much, you are all amazing and I hope you have a fabulous week!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Peine


Oh Mondays...we eat out

Enjoying our afternoon, Elder Rojas and I

Here I am haha (the truth is I didnt take photos this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment