Monday, July 30, 2012

Smile!! July 30, 2012

Well another week has passed, time just seems to fly by! I cant believe its Monday already! I hope you are all doing well. I'm still in me second area haha and I have over a year, its pretty great. Everyone wants to be here because there are more soccer fields than bars haha. But no the people are really great and its and interesting town to live in.

This week during zone conference I was asked to give a talk about Forgetting the Past and Pressing forward with Faith. I used a scripture from Philipenses 3, verse 13 and 14 which I like and then told the story of Grandma Vicky crossing the Atlantic to arrive at her new home in America. I related how she had had to change her circumstances to move forward with faith. Although we might not have to cross the Atlantic to change our situation, we might have to cross an ocean of how we think, act, or behave with others. I mentioned that we might have to study more diligently, teach more by the spirit, or have a more positive attitude. Anything possible that can help us to and put old habits behind move forward with Faith. Grandma Vicky went through all of that for dad, I related that what we are doing here and now in our areas is work so that perhaps 1 soul may be saved (D and C 18, verse 15 and 16).

I am so terribly thrilled to be a missionary and am loving it. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I know this is the work of the Lord and I know that he has been watching after me and my companion daily. He answers my prayers in ways that always brings relief and makes me smile. I am also thankful for the hymns (which I really never learned by heart before the mission). I hope you are all doing well, I pray for each of you and think of you when I can. Thank you for all of your prayers, devotion, and faith.

I love you all!


Elder Peine

 Sunday afternoon with some members

Christmas all over again! New shirts, fresh out of the pack!

Sams club reunion

Made me smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment