Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stake Conference- June 25, 2012

Thank you for all of the love and support I receive from each of you. I have certainly felt it and am terribly grateful to have have been so blessed. So many things happen in one weeks time I don't even know where to begin. But I just want to thank you all for being there for me.

Stake Conference here was incredible. We enjoyed the company of two of the 70s who came to visit the area. Their love, joy, and passion for the Gospel had a sense of excitement and enthusiasm that made me want to head out and teach right then and there! I would love to just tell you everything they said but I don't have time. But I can tell you how wonderful I felt to be in a place where I could feel such a calm and peace. I thoroughly believe that it is because the messages I heard where not only given by men, but inspired by God. Messages centered on Faith, the family, of the priesthood, of love and respect. It was a memorable experience and I will never forget the love they portrayed for the people and the manner of great reverence in which they conducted themselves. 

We visited a less active member named David who recently came to Church for the first time in a while. He told us about his life and about how he used to be a big time drinker. Right now, hes been drink free for 4 years. He told us how one of his neighbors asked him how he quit drinking (because he wanted to quit to). David responded, neighbor Ive made a friend, and through him I have quite drinking. His neighbour curiously replied, well tell me who your friend is then, Id love to meet him! David replied, neighbor his name is Jesus Christ. He is my best friend. While sharing this experience, tears began to form and David told us about how much he loved the Lord and how much He his blessed him during his life. David lives humbly with son and does the best he can to provide for the both of them. It touches me to know how much the Lord cares about every single one of us. It doesn't matter who we are or where we live. He cares and provides help for those that seek Him. I know that He loves me so very much and am so thankful to have been given the opportunity to serve, for I have been served far beyond comprehension.

Take care everyone, I love you all,

Elder Peine

Ward Talent Night

An investigator decided to share his talent, what a singer! :)

View from our front door

A less active member named Angel that came with us to Stake Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment